Monday, October 8, 2012

Off The Sauce

Alright, I am gluten free (AGAIN)! Or as Grayson learned to say at dinner "off the sauce".  You know he is going to go to school and announce mommy is off the sauce. His teachers are going to think I am a raging alchoholic or something. Nope, just a gluten-aholic. Pretty sure that is a word, don't bother looking it up.

Tonight we had stir-fry with my favorite rice noodles. It was delicious, if I do say so myself.  Grayson even tried a bite - that's big time.  Ryan ate so much he had hiccups and had to leave the table to "stretch his esophagus". That's the sign of a good meal right there!
I first went gluten free in 2005 and it was a pain. in. the. ass. No one knew what it was, and I was new to cooking so I had a really hard time.  I know people think of it as a fad diet now, but I love that.  Every restaraunt has a menu, the grocery store has a ton of products, and it's just so much easier. Plus, I am much better in the kitchen now, so I am pretty good at making something GF even if it wasn't originally. 
Now I have a few friends, an Aunt and a cousin who are gluten free as well, so that always helps to have buddies around.  I don't really love Elizabeth Hasselback (I think that is her name - the blonde one on the view), but she is GF too! All the cool kids are.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment